This is a recipe developed by my wife, Irene, its been tweaked to perfection. I’ve never ordered congee in Manila since then.ngredients:
- 1pc. pork tenderloin ( cut into strips)
- 1 cup pork bones soup stock
- 1 cup rice
- 4 pieces Century Eggs
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- A handful of dried scallops (Optional)
- Marinade Pork strips in 2 tbsp. soy sauce for at least 15 minutes
- Saute Pork in 2 tbsp. oil
- Pour in 1 cup water, let boil then add 1 cup soup stock
- Blend the rice in an electric blender, then pour into boiling pot. This procedure is necessary to release the starch from the rice which will prevent them from binding together when cooked.
- Let simmer until cooked, stirring continuously.
- Add Century Egg. We use a Taiwanese brand but buy the best that you can find.
Enjoy your bowl of congee, be careful, its quite hot.
Like this post? Subscribe to Tales From The Tummy by Email