I’d like to share this Shepherd’s Pie recipe with you readers, its usually made with either beef or lamb but since Irene does not eat beef and minced lamb is not always available, she decided to use pork.Ingredients
- 1/4 cup of oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/2 kilo ground pork
- 1 tablespoon Worcesterchire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground balck pepper
- 1 teaspoon spanish paprika
- 237 gram can tomato sauce
- 2 1/2 cups boiled and mashed potatoes
- 1/2 can of cream style corn
- 1/2 can of corn kernels
- Quick melt cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Peel and boil the potatoes in a little oil and salt
- Transfer the boiled potatoes to a container, add butter. Mashed the potatoes and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the garlic and onions and saute until the onions are transparent.
- Add ground pork and continue to cook until it changes color
- Add Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, parprika and tomato sauce and continue to cook until the pork is done.
- Transfer the pork into a container suitable for the microwave or oven.
- Add the cream style corn and corn kernels to the mashed potatoes.You can opt for all cream style corn but we love the crunch from the kernels.
- Spread the mashed potatoes on top of the pork. Finish it off with a mix of mozzarella and quick melt cheese.
- Put the container into the microwave or oven to melt the cheese.
We think of this dish as instant food. Just reheat in the microwave and scoop and enjoy. There no need to have rice anymore.
Like this post? Subscribe to Tales From The Tummy by Email