Irene was at supermarket doing our groceries when she remembered that we had to bring something for potluck to a Christmas party. While browsing the aisles, these pretty Gustazo bottles caught her eye, so she decided to try a couple of bottles out.
The first recipe Irene made is for Toasted Herring (Tuyo) Baguette. Traffic is going to be bad during the season so something to tide early birds is perfect. I love that it’s so simple yet looks sophisticated and the colors are specially apt for the season. The bread has a nice crunch, while the mild spiciness of the herring will open up the taste buds.
Toasted Herring Baguette
- 1 pc. French Baguette
- 1 bottle Gustazo Gourmet Tuyo Mild
- Slice baguette diagonally, discarding the ends.
- Brush top with butter, lightly
- Brush again with some of the oil from the bottle.
- Place one fillet on top of the bread, then put in toaster for around 1 minute
- Place 1 pc. of pepper and a sprig of parsley on top.
I eat out a lot so when I’m at home I make it a point of eating as healthy as possible. Sometimes when Irene is too tired to cook, she just whips out some vegetables and makes a salad, then she thought of adding the other bottle of Gustazo she bought, the Pomodoro Tinapa. I’m not a fan of the smoky tinapa you see in the market but the addition of tomatoes, spices and oil balanced out the flavor. I can prepare this for a quick and no frills lunch, maybe adding a piece of bread or two.
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned (thinly sliced)
- 1 pack of lettuce
- 1 bottle of Gustazo Pomodoro Tinapa
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Wash and dry the vegetables properly
- Lay the lettuce at the bottom
- Add the tomatoes, cucumber and carrots
- Place pieces of the smoked mackerel on top
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil to finish
- add salt and pepper to taste
Here are the other products that Gustazo makes including sardines, bacalao, bangus and even bagoong. They are available at the following locations —- Rustan’s, Shopwise and other selected supermarkets.
Available at Rustan’s, Shopwise and other selected supermarkets.
Gustazo Gourmet Website
Gustazo Gourmet on Facebook
Like this post? Subscribe to Tales From The Tummy by Email