Irene and I are trying to eat healthier so we’re trying to incorporate quinoa into our regular diet because of its numerous health benefits. We first bought a small pack last year in Canada and tried it as a substitute in risotto. Irene then tried to make a Quino Fried Rice with Chicken recipe where chicken breast served as meat component. You can actually remove the chicken and make it vegetarian or replace it with shrimp or other seafood. It’s quick and easy and a meal in itself. We were actually surprised our daughter asked to try and loved it so much she asked for more.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 scallions (white and green part separated), thinly sliced
- 2 skinless/boneless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces (lightly seasoned with salt and pepper)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. minced ginger
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- In a medium lidded pan, combine 2 cups quino and water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes to half cook the quinoa. Set aside.
- Heat oil in wok, saute carrots, shallots and white scallions over high heat
- Place chicken breast and saute until cooked
- Season with salt
- Add garlic, ginger and green scallions
- Add quinoa, soy sauce and sesame oil
- Pour eggs and stir into the quinoa mixture thoroughly.
- Serve and eat immediately.
Like this post? Subscribe to Tales From The Tummy by Email